October 1, 2012

Instagram!


Two years ago, when I was just a blogosphere observer, people stared posting perfect retro looking photos that looked like they had been taken by my grandpa years before. But he had not, because how he could have taken a photo of my favorite bloggers feet, I ask you. Hipstamatic was the name, for the filter, not grandpa's, I did some online research and found it. Instagram was the name of the IPhone application and I didn't have an IPhone.

Well, I wasn't giving up and I started looking for similar... thingies. And found some.
First,the Poladroid, a little Polaroid camera for your computer. You install it and it sits on your desktop, makes a real Polaroid noise and you can shake your picture when it comes out Andre 3000 style. Not many options, but it's cute and addictive.

Then came the Picnic, recently promoted into PicMonkey. And this is what I call Photoshop for sloths (not the animal, me, and whoever feels like one). I am so proficient in PicMonkey, I can do anything. Photoshoppers have got nothing on me! Sloths!

And I've also found Pixlr-o-Matic. Gets the job than if you are lazier than an average sloth. Works both on and off line and on your phone also.

But that did not satisfied my curiosity about the Instagram, I was still hurt by its elitism towards moi, pour soul sans IPhone, although I pretended I didn't really care and I had other photo application friends (sour grapes).

But the day came. Instagram got released for the Android phones, sweet little green Androids! No, I didn't install it at once. I waited a few days, I played it cool. And finally I did it (nonchalant and cool, if I may add). And I had it, and it was NOTHING SPECIAL! Over the course of two years since the beginning of Instagram I found better friends. And they don't even have the Hipstamatic anymore (at least I don't see it). The only thing the still kept me there is storing memories in a pretty package quickly, without USB cables, programs and stuff, that's all

And as for the Android phone, yeah,... I don't really have it (I'll wait for you to laugh for a while, it' ok!). But my really nice boyfriend does. So, I do have an Instagram account (and no smart phone) and if you want to you can follow me, and find somethings like this and this:


1. A Siamese graffiti that's now gone, so, storing memories, people;
2. Giant stuffed dog on a giant suitcase, spoted on the Belgrade bus station. Lucky is the child who got it!

:)

4 comments:

  1. ha, great post. I personally hate instagram. I'm one of these photoshop snobs, I mean sloth.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will gather the willpower to conquer the rest of the Photoshop book one day :)

      Delete
  2. I can't find you on instagram! What's your handle/screen name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's random_cat. god knows what link i put here :D

      Delete