November 4, 2013

Jane Eyre


After drowning in classics of English literature for four years of University and successfully  passing all the exams thankyouverymuch, I got tired of the classics and avoided reading them for years (although I couldn't avoid buying them). I tried several times but D.H. Lawrence and Edith Wharton and their Sons and Lovers and The Age of Innocence went back to the bookshelf too fast.

Now, I know a lot about many classics, as I guess many other people do, whether I read them or not, which makes it hard for me to read them sometimes. Also I avoid watching a movie before reading a book, like a plague. (I must tell you what happened with The Catcher in the Rye and my previous knowledge about a book, but that's another.)

Well, Jane Eyre I haven't read and I haven't watched the movie which came in handy one sleepless night after I checked emails, Instagram, Facebook and all that jazz. Reader app on my Android offered Jane and I said OK, because of not too much previous knowledge and enough desperation. And I kept reading until sunrise, got to chapter XIII, and in the morning I put it on my Book Fair list. Jane Eyre is now my intermezzo between last two book of Game of Thrones, my way of saving it.

;)

3 comments:

  1. I just read Jane Eyre for the first time earlier this year. I love DH Lawrence. haven't read Edith Wharton yet. my final written English exam was on one of the Broentes, and I hated it. ever since, I refused to read any of their books. but I love Jane Eyre. and I do squeeze in one of the classics every so often!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja sam nju nedavno kupila, ti klasici su jako jeftini + iz ove možeš gatati :) Makar je pogrešna sestra Bronte xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I'am Chris From France!!
    This is not a "spam"
    You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Will Represent Your Country
    World-Directory 188 countries in the world! and thousands of blogs
    Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
    Blog Url
    Location Of Your Country Operating In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Happy Blogging
    ****************
    You can forward this invitation to your friends

    ReplyDelete